CENTER FOR EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT IN AFRICA (CETRD AFRICA) - THE ISCHOOL CLOUD FRAMEWORK.
In the next few weeks, the world will begin to transition into what is popularly termed The Post-COVID Era.
But, in actuality, the end of the Corona pandemic will signal the beginning of a new age for mankind; The Fourth Industrial Revolution.
The Fourth Industrial Revolution is a way of describing the blurring of boundaries between the physical, digital, and biological worlds. It's a fusion of advances in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, the Internet of Things (IoT), 3D printing, genetic engineering, quantum computing, and other technologies.
As this future of new possibilities beckons, there is an urgent need to redesign 'how' and 'what' our children will learn in readiness for their own realities.
To do this, technology will play a major, intrinsic role in the scheme of things. Not technologies that are currently being used to execute same old learning models, but innovative, disruptive technologies that will overhaul the entire process of schooling, redefine learning and ensure that quality education is made available to every child irrespective of their social standing or background.
The Center for Educational Technology Research & Development in Africa (CETRD AFRICA) has concluded plans to commence:
1. Deployment of enabling technologies for standard schools of repute (both private and public) to serve as bedrocks for the new 'effective, safe and inexpensive' schooling model known as The Break-Out Classrooms Initiative;
2. Empowerment of qualified teachers to establish Break-Out Classrooms in their neighbourhoods in conjunction with schools described above.
3. Partnership with community organizers / leaders and volunteers to design, build and operate communal (neighbourhood) Micro-Schools that will be powered by schools and teachers described above.
4. Advocacy for EYFS homeschooling as a new norm for children under the age of 5 by providing parents and private caregivers (nannies) with new tools and resources to help them administer early years and foundation stage education from home.
5. Installation of systems for government regulatory agencies and supervisory officers to enable them carry out their oversight functions quite easily and more effectively with streamlined result-oriented processes, through remote monitoring and intelligent reporting solutions.
6. Collaborative frameworks with educationists, consultants and stakeholders to validate the overall design of all solutions for the present-future of education on Africa.
/ and click "Get Involved" to submit a quick, simple form if you fit into any of the categories described above.
Together, we shall design a new future for Africa!